I started my “40 over Forty Project” with the hope of gaining beautiful portraits and stories from all different women. I wanted to give them an unforgettable celebrity style magazine photo session experience, one that will change how they see themselves.
Where do I start with the 40 over forty project?
I turned 46 last year. By now I was really starting to feel like I had lost something, a part of me. Not sure of who I was, or what I wanted. All I was, to me, was a business owner, Mum, and partner. What was it that I wanted?
Have you ever felt like that?
I had a great family, 2 gorgeous kids, an amazing group of friends, a nice house and a great business. But I was losing confidence quickly, I wasn’t sure why, but I knew it was happening.
In 2011/12, I had pretty much closed up my busy wedding and portrait photography business that I loved so I could have and raise my little mini me’s. With hubby working away most of the time, regular work was not going to work in my situation.. I was all about being a Mum, and so focused on being the best Mum, that my self care took a back seat.
When it came time for me to start again, after being on hiatus for 5 years or so. It was hard work, like stepping into a different era. Social media and digital marketing were so foreign to me, and I had to start by learning all of that… All I wanted to do was take photos like I used to!!
Then I consumed every little bit of marketing I could. I became a little obsessed with learning and often went down very deep rabbit holes. This led to working well into the night, not sleeping properly, not eating well, and generally treating myself very badly.
As I write this, I can really see where I started to lose “me”.
Fast forward to last year when I realised that so many of the women coming into my studio, who were over the age of 40, were telling me the same stories. My story! Just with different circumstances, and all with the same outcome. We felt tired, worthless, voiceless, and becoming invisible.
This was a terrible realisation, so this was the beginning of the 40 over forty project.
The 40 over forty project, empowering women through the art of photography. Showing that beauty and worth are not defined by age
This project is all about giving a voice to women like us. Showing society (and ourselves!!) that beauty isn’t defined by age.
At the end of the project, I produce a real life magazine. This showcases all the women that are involved, and you get one to keep for yourself too.
The cost of the project is discounted from a normal session fee, and includes the following. But, there is seriously so much more!
– A styling and design consult with me. Let’s dream up the perfect photo shoot to empower you and wow you!
– Access to my studio wardrobe, lots of gowns and girly clothes if you want to dress up
– Your own personal makeup and hair stylist on the day of the shoot
– An amazing celebrity styled photo shoot, with me.. Comfortable, relaxed, and completely directed, no wondering what to do and where to stand/ put your hands/ smile/ etc
– One desktop sized matted, fine art print
– An exclusive 40 over tote bag
– 2 Tickets to the end of project champagne party (usually held end of Nov/ early Dec)
– 1 copy of the exclusive magazine, with you in it!!
– Access to the exclusive Facebook group, where you’ll meet other like minded women.. Only women who have actually participated in the project are in this group. You can then chat to them about your experience.
– The feeling of empowerment, and rediscovering your beauty!
*Plan a night/ afternoon out right after the shoot as you will be feeling and looking amazing!
If you want to feel like these women too, please contact me so we can make this happen for you! This years project runs from May – August, and only has 40 sessions available.
I saw Vanessa’s sign having breakfast at my favourite cafe and it started my interest. After having had recent cancer surgery and losing a lot of weight, I was feeling very emotional and self conscious. I had considered having a photo shoot done many years ago but never had the confidence. This just felt like the right time and I had such a fun time doing it, Vanessa made me laugh so much and I truly felt beautifulAnne T